550 NAVY MEN TO GRADUATE THIS FRIDAY

S-O's, Through with Basic Course, Will Scatter Afar

Five hundred and fifty student officers of the Naval Training Indoctrination School here will graduate Friday and immediately assume studies in other technical schools or take up active duty.

Limiting the graduation ceremony because of the exigencies of the national emergency, officials plan a simple program with no full dress review. The graduating S-O's, 550 strong, will wear their white summer uniforms and probably are to be presented their certificates by Rear Admiral Wilson Brown, commandant of this Naval district.

May Be Sever

The ceremony is tentatively scheduled to take place in Sever Quadrangle, traditional scene of Harvard graduations. Sanders Theatre, site of graduations inundated by rainy weather, will probably be the scene of the Navy ceremony if a deluge drives the men indoors. Despite the lack of color, the S-O's will not be deprived of stirring martial airs since the Navy Band is to be present.

With few exceptions, the entire faculty of the present Navy Indoctrination School will remain. In addition a small number of specially selected student officers will be asigned to the teaching staff here.

Other graduating men are to take up teaching positions in Navy training schools all over the country. Six fortunate officers will take up residence at Smith College when they join the faculty there in instructing the first contingent of WAVES.

Receiving by far the largest single group of the new graduates, is the Radio Communications School here since 125 men who entered the Indoctrination course a month ago are slated to begin a five-month long course here that will qualify them as communication experts.

Immediately filling the vacancy left in the Yard by the old class, will be 475 new enrollees in the Indoctrination School. About 350 of these men will study for the full 60 day period, while the remaining 125 S-O's will enter the Radio School on September 1