Crowley's Eleven To Arrive Today

Len Cummings Expected to Play at Forte's End Post

Lt. Commander Jimmy Crowley's North Carolina Cloudbusters roar into town today and run through plays this afternoon in the Stadium at 4 o'clock. In preparation for the second appearance of the cadets in the cement horseshoe, which will be tomorrow afternoon, the Crimson forces of Dick Harlow have been through double sessions this past week.

Playing without Captain Don Forte, the only lineman left from last year's Seven Squaya Blocks, who received a foot injury which will probably keep him out of action for another three weeks, the squad has had scrimmages steadily the past few days. Yesterday they began to taper off with a long but light drill during the afternoon, and none in the morning. Today they will romp through signals in the Stadium.

No Freshmen Start

In Forte's right flank spot Len Cummings has been outstanding, and will undoubtedly start tomorrow. There are no Freshmen in the eleven which is scheduled to answer the opening whistle, but there are several on the squad.

Never before in recent years have any Yardlings been eligible for the Varsity team, and the new policy should strengthen the squad no little. Among the members of '46 who should see a lot of service is George Boston, a converted wingback who is now at end. He can threw passes as well as receive them, and without a doubt Harlow will use him in both capacities. A good kicker, he may also be used in this department.

Flynn Strong Kicker

1946 can also beast of having the best kicker on the squad. He is Wally Flynn, an Arlington boy, who is not yet up to the first team defensively, but who will definitely be used when the Crimson gets into tight places.

Some confusion has been caused by the prevalence of the Flynn elan on Soldiers Field. Lee Flynn, no relation, is the cause of the mixup, but there is no similarity in their builds. Lee is small and very fast, with a good throwing arm, while Wally is a 190 pounder.