RULES ON LEAVES OF ABSENCE GIVEN

Tuition Pro Rated for Men Going to Join Armed Forces

To clarify its Friday article, the CRIMSON runs the full rules concerning leaves of absence below:

By vote of the President and Fellows of Harvard College the following regulations apply to students who leave the University by reason of the present national emergency.

1. A student in good standing who leaves the University for military service in the national emergency, or for service accepted by the University as auxiliary thereto, under conditions which make it impossible for him to complete his work for the term will be required to pay toward his tuition fees for the quarter in which he leaves pro rata to the time of his departure.

2. A student in good standing who leaves the University for military or such auxiliary service in the national emergency and returns within a period of three years to complete his work may re-enter the university in any term and be credited with any unrefunded fees paid in the year in which he left on account of a period for which he did not receive academic credit.

3. A student in good standing who leaves the University for military or such auxiliary service in the national emergency shall pay only a fair proportion of the year's rent on his room in the Houses or dormitories.

These regulations will apply only to those students who, having been ordered to active duty before the end of the Term in which they leave College, submit to the Dean's Office an exact copy of their orders, or some comparable affidavit in the case of students going into some service accepted by the University as auxiliary to the military service.

Unless the exact copy of orders in active duty is submitted before the student leaves college, a statement of account without refund will be sent by the Bursar. War service refunds will be made by the Bursar only on authorization from the Dean's Office