Conant, Saltonstall to Speak at Valedictory

All Undergraduates Invited to Ceremony

Harvard's wartime Class of 1943 celebrates its graduation this weekend, centering the abbreviated observances around a unique and ceremonious Valedictory Service which will salute undergraduates leaving the University for the armed forces.

President Conant will address the students Sunday in a Baccalaureate sermon, and Governor Leverett Saltonstall will read the first lesson from the Scriptures. Dean Willard L. Sperry of the Divinity School will conduct the service, which will be introduced by an academic procession of all undergraduates, military and naval officers, University dignitaries, and local city officials. The R.O.T.C. units will march in uniform. If necessary, there will be an overflow gathering in Sanders Theatre, where guests will participate fully in the service.

Class Day Compressed

Traditional Class Day festivities will be compressed into a short program to be held Saturday afternoon in Sanders Theatre. At that time, the Ode, Poem, Oration, and Ivy Oration will be delivered, as well as several selections by the Glee Club. Seniors and their guests will get preferred seats on the first floor of Sanders. In the evening, the Senior dance will be held in Lowell House, under the supervision of Walter B. Kamp '43 and Richard P. Gifford '43.

Invitations to the dance, which will be supplied with music by Vic Roy and his band, are to be distributed to the mail-boxes this week. The possibility of a supper beforehand for the Seniors and their guests is being investigated.

Admission to the Valedictory Service is for all undergraduates, though Seniors and those graduating in February will be given first place. The same is true of the Class Day exercises, but the dance is only open to graduating students