Naval Supply School Starts Branch At Wellesley Today

200 Officers Begin Four Month Course

Wellesley College, strictly a feminine institution for the past 69 years, will be invaded today by a detachment of uniformed Naval officers from the Harvard Supply Corps School. The new school, opened at Wellesley because of its relative nearness to the headquarters school here now enrolled to capacity, will train the officers, mainly ensigns, in an accelerated, concentrated four months course in disbursement and supply.

Two hundred officers will arrive today and take up quarters in Cazenove and Pomeroy dormitories. Alumni Hall is to be converted into the officers' mess hall. For the first two months, the new branch school under the OCA command of the resident staff officer, Commander Ernest C. Collins, (SC) USN, will use the facilities at the two dormitories for class rooms as well as quarters. Captain Kenneth C. McIntosh, (SC) USN, will remain as officer in charge of the entire Navy Supply Corps, Schools at Harvard and its branches.

The Wellesley NTS (Supply) unit is expected to be augmented two months hence with the arrival of another detachment of similar size, which will take over additional buildings on the campus.

Other New Classes Start

Captain McIntosh and his staff are going to be busy today directing not only the arrival and preliminary operations of the Supply Corps unit at Wellesley but three other now classes as well. Radcliffe reports a new class of 135 Women's Reserve Officers entering the WAVES school today. Seventy-five officers will report to the School of Business Administration to study accounting. Finally, 122 midshipmen from the V-7 classes at Columbia and Northeastern will begin their studies here.