LT. PIKE TO BE NROTC TEACHER

Lt. Commander Hinman is Detached for Annapolis

Ordered to replace Lt. Comdr. Maurice B. Hinman, USN, recently detached to report as instructor of Ordnance and Gunnery at the U. S. Naval Academy, Lt. Joseph W. Pike, USNR, reported yesterday for staff duty with the Naval ROTC.

Lt. Comdr, Hinman, member of the Naval Academy, Class of 1929, came to Harvard in September, 1940 and has most recently been in charge of Naval Science 3 training. His departure leaves a teaching vacancy in this course for the coming term, and an announcement of re-assignment is expected from Quincy Street headquarters in the near future.

Southern Stations

Lt. Pike, whose permanent home address is listed as Concord, North Carolina, has been attached to two naval fight activities in the South since his graduation from Annapolis in 1935. First of the series of administrative assignments was with the Aviation Cadet Regiment at Pensacola, Florida, the navy's oldest flight training-base.

With the coming of the first contingent of British aviation trainees to that station, Lt. Pike was connected with their training as a battalion administrative officer.