CRIMSON SOCCER TEAM LOSES TO WORCESTER AND ANDOVER

C Team Beats Governor Dummer Saturday 1 to 0

Manpower shortages caught up with the Harvard soccer squad last Saturday as the MacDonaldmen spread themselves thin over three games. The A and B teams lost at Worcester Poly and Andover 7 to 2 and 2 to 0 respectively, while a more or less pick-up C team beat Governor Dummer, 1 to 0.

The entire right side of the Crimson forward wall was knocked out of the game early in the second half as Bob Woodside suffered a recurrence of his ankle sprain and Paul Morgan received a wound while heading the ball. David Dean, starting forward, was also injured in the leg, but was out at practice yesterday sporting a bandage.

The first half was fought on even terms, but in the second half Worcester, with more substitutes, played wide-awake ball and never missed an opportunity. Coach Jack MacDonald and Manager Howard K. Ente took only 15 men with them, and, with three out, the substitutions were inferior.

At Andover the Crimson squad led the Brep team a merry chase for three periods without scoring, and then in the fourth Andover took advantage of two breaks to put across their tallies. Outstanding for Polly Guyda's team were Paul Pearson and John Rogers, the two insides, while the Andover goalie did yeoman service keeping off the Crimson tide.

The game here brought out eight of the soccer squad, and the deficit was, made up by the coach, Ensign Thomas, a pharmacist's mate, and a spectator.