CROSS COUNTRY TEAM BEATEN BY TECH 25-30

Mikkolamen to Run At Tufts Saturday

Bad breaks, injuries, and dismal weather ushered in the 25 to 30 defeat of the Crimson cross country runners Saturday at the hands of a neighboring M.I.T. squad.

The Mikkolamen were handicapped at the start when veteran Mark Tuttle, still recovering from injuries, could not join the squad. Fleetfoot Duncan Blanchard's ability could not be used due to eligibility rules, and when Dick Bryan spiked himself, the Crimson's sure points slowly faded away.

Meet Saturday

Before the Triangular Meet at Tufts Saturday the track team captain will be elected and the Mikkolamen will compete with the Jumbos and Dartmouth for the laurels. Since it is likely that M. I. T. might join the group, the racers may be given another chance to run against the Engineers in the 3.7 mile course.

Fred Gurley will be the main loss of the track men when they go to the meet, but Jaako Mikkola is depending on John Bayliss, Dick Bryan, Joe Crowley, Harvey Waldon, Dick Jones, Archie Lyons, Fred Pierce, and John Shillite to scalp the strong Indian team.

Dartmouth boasts of the best collection of sprinters, with Haegg chaser Don Burnham and a host of NYU's stars from last year.