Post War Council Forum to Examine New League Plan

Eichelberger and Atkinson Discuss Collective Security

Clark M. Eichelberger, Director of the Commission to Study the Organization of Peace, and Dr. Henry A. Atkinson, General Secretary of the Church Peace Union, will speak on "The New League of Nations" at an open meeting of the Harvard Council on Post War Problems at Lowell House Common Room, Monday, December 13, at 8 o'clock.

Considerably experienced in national and international affairs, Eichelberger has been National Director of the League of Nations Association since December, 1934, and secured a temporary appointment to the League of Nations secretariat in 1938.

He became Director of the Commission to Study the Organization of Peace in 1939 when that body was formed under the leadership of James T. Shotwell, and in 1941 was Acting Chairman of the Committee to Defend America by Aiding the Allies, which he and publisher William Allen White set up. Eichelberger has travelled extensively during wartime, visiting London in 1941. He is a director of the International Free World Association, and edits a magazine called "Changing World."

Atkinson is connected with the National Peace Council, and is on the executive committee of Citizens for Victory. He attended the Disarmament Conference in the 1920's, and has travelled widely. He was formerly professor of sociology at Atlanta Seminary, and is the author of "Prelude to Peace."