'45 Committee Selects Candidates for Ballot

33 On Slate Picked To Run for 8 Posts

Nominations for Class of 1945 offices which will be filled at an election on Friday and Saturday, March 19 and 20, were announced last night by the Nominating Committee. Thirty-three men in all were named as eligibles for the six posts.

Additional men can be nominated by petitions, signed by 25 students in the Class, which should be placed in the mailbox of the Student Council Office in Phillips Brooks House. These men will be added to the ballots which will be used next week.

Both men now in College and those who have left because of the war have been included in the nominations by the Committee, since the positions are mainly honorary and the likelihood of a Class Day for '45, at which the elected men would have specific duties, is not very strong. But in the event that some sort of Commencement is held for the Class in the future the election of the Class Day Committee will be postponed until after the war. The Secretary and Permanent Class Committee will be nominated and chosen later this month.

Of the present positions, the only permanent one is that of Treasurer, who is responsible for the Class funds and is regarded by College and Alumni officials as one of the most important officers of the Class. He must raise money for reunions, and, together with the Class Agent, conducts the drive for the Class fund of $100,000.