Durant Calls Ration Books

Students to Hand In All Coupons Monday

War Ration Books numbers one and two will be turned in to the Bursar's Office by all students taking eight or more meals per week in the College dining halls, Aldrich Durant '08, business manager of the University, announced yesterday.

The order, held up several weeks by the lack of an official OPA directive to Durant's Lehman Hall office, gives undergraduates until Monday to relinquish their books, after which time they may be refused service. Receipts for those books received will be issued by the Bursar's office, according to Durant.

No Books for Weekends Home

Although these books, less expired tickets, will not be returned to students for weekend trips home, members of the College who cease taking meals in the Houses may apply to have their books returned.

Foreseeing difficulties arising out of the fact that stamp number 17 in book one is for shoes, Durant announced that whenever a book-holder wished to buy shoes, he could retrieve his book, providing that it be returned after the stamp had been used.

Durant further advised all students who do not have their books here in Cambridge to get busy and have them here by Monday, "keeping Western Union busy," if necessary. The order further stated that it did not apply to "personnel in the armed services under contract."