TEACHERS TO MEET IN SANDERS TODAY

Government Officials and Noted Authors Will Speak

Starting today and lasting through tomorrow, government officials and noted authors will speak here at the 52nd annual meeting of the Harvard Teacher's Association. Every problem from the current shortage of teachers to conditions in China, India, and Russia will be discussed.

The vital question of the armed services and the colleges of the nation will be analyzed tonight in Sanders Theatre at 8 o'clock by Lt. Col. Herber G. Espy of the Special Service Division, Services of Supply, War Department. Tomorrow, leading a discussion of focal areas in world affairs will be Lin Mousheng, author of "Men and Ideas" and editor of "Contemporary China," Anup Singh, author of "Nehru, the Rising Sun of India," and editor of "India Today," and lastly Capt. Sergei Kournakoff, author of "Russia's Fighting Forces."

Representing educational programs and interests of various government bureaus will be Edgar Fuller of the CAA, Walter D. Cocking of the OPA, and Kenneth L. Heaton, of the OCD.

Opening the series of meetings will be forums and conferences on the social studies in wartime and post-war problems this afternoon, under the direction of Donald D. Durell, president of the Association, while more conferences and a luncheon at the Harvard Club will be held tomorrow.