EMERSON HALL SITE OF V-1 AND MARINE TESTS

Reserve Groups Will Take Morning, Afternoon Exams

Emerson Hall will be the location for the forthcoming Navy V-1 and Marine Corps Reserve examinations next Tuesday, Elliott Perkins, head of Harvard's War Service Information Board, announced yesterday.

Both tests will be given April 20 in two sections, the first beginning at 9 o'clock, the second at 2 o'clock. For all V-1 men, the morning section will last until 11 o'clock, the afternoon half until 4:15. Marine Corps Reservists need take none but the first part of the morning exam, ending at 5:10 o'clock and the first two parts of the second test, finishing at 3:15.

Any Marine who so wishes, however, may complete the non-required parts of the examination with the understanding that they will not be counted against him but may prove of value in determining aptitude for certain courses of study.

Both Exams in Emerson

V-1 men will take the exam in Emerson D, Marine Corps Reservists in Emerson A. Candidates must be in their respective rooms by 9 o'clock and 2 o'clock promptly, since the two exams are not identical. No one will be admitted after the tests start.

The examination is required for all V-1 men, except pre-medical students, who will have completed four or more terms by July 1. V-1 pre-medical students are not required to take the test, but these men must be excused at 12 Little Hall before the date of the examination. Perkins, however, urged all V-1 pre-meds who find it possible to take the examination, since it will act as a safeguard for officer training if they must abandon a medical career.

The Marine exam is compulsory for all Reservists not now in their Junior or Senior years. As in the Army and Navy A-12 and V-12 examinations, all candidates are urged to bring along two soft pencils.