TUFTS TANGLE LACROSSEMEN

Crimson Stickmen to Open Shortened Schedule today

Meeting what M. I. T.'s coach called "a productive but unscientific" Tufts lacrosse team, the Harvard ten will open its season at 4 o'clock this afternoon on the field behind the Business School.

Tech's coach could not find much method in the Tufts team's play, but when the two squads met last week, he admitted that the Jumbos scored the goals. Although Tech lost only 8 to 1 to the Brown and Blue, the Engineers' coach asserted that the score could have been higher.

Hurley Hurt

Harvard's Coach, George Hanford, will find himself without the services of attackman Jay Hurley who received a knee injury in Saturday's scrimmage. He expects, however, to find some tally taggers among attackmen, Dink Donahue, Nat Brackett, and Jack Roemer.

With the midfield covered by such veterans as George Angell, Ed Barber, Jim Conway, and Dave Thompson, Hanford expects to find more talent in newcomers, John Rogers, Bud Lane, and Tom Allen.

Depending on the team's playing methodically, Hanford hopes to beat Tufts' unorthordox attack. He is relying on either Jerry Levy or Norm Cameron to keep the Caouthouc sphere from entering the Crimson's nets.