8 SERVICE SCHOOLS ADDED TO HARVARD

Selection Still Tentative of One Navy, 7 Army Groups

Right additional service school have been scheduled to open at Harvard and an announcement from Washington last week stated that in all probability of further choices would be made.

Selection up to now to depending on tentative depending on approval of facilities after the inspection, but if all the school approved, there will be one more Navy group and seven additional military detachments stationed here. lent teaching staff ably directed by Dr. C. L. Chaffee S. B., M. A., and Ph. D.

Most of as know Dr. Chaffee by sight (or by the poster of the Quiz Kids) and have heard-Irim speak to us upon our arrival. However, few realize what a prominent scientist and busy executive he is. All the C E's are familiar (or fervently wish they were) with his text on the Theory of Thermionic Tube. He is to only Director of Cruft Laboratory and its teaching staff but holds the combined honor of being Rumford Professor of Physics and Gordon McKay Professor of Communication Engineering.

In addition to this he is past president and fellow of the J. R. C. and also fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences; his articles have been published in various technical magazines.

This week is the first attempt to start the ball rolling. If you have any news items that would be of interest--who married whom, when so we can all kiss the bride. Seriously, though the success of this column depends upon contribution. Any items or suggestions places address Ens. Fitzpatrick and drop in the "F" box in Austin Hall.

ELECTRONICS SCHOOL AND ARMY SOIL ENGINEERS

A trip has been arranged to the Gardner Museum for the wives of officers in Engineering 260, 270, and the Army Soil Engineers. The date is Thursday, April 8, and the meeting place will be the platform of the Boston subway at Harvard Square at 1:30 P. M. Arrangements are under the direction of Mrs. Albert Haertlein