Trackmen Will Compete Soon

University Handicap Open to Servicemen

Service men in any branch of the University are eligible to compete in the University Handicap Meet scheduled for the Soldiers Field track on Friday, April 9 and Saturday, April 10.

The Handicap Meet is an annual event, held by Coach Jaakko Mikkola's track team, and it officially opens Harvard's spring track season. Handicaps are apportioned to entrants on the basis of their previous best performances.

Entrance can be made by contacting Mikkola at Soldiers Field any afternoon from 12:30 o'clock to 5:45 o'clock of by calling TROwbridge 569 between 8 and 10 o'clock any evening.Entries close very soon, and all men interested are advised to contact either the coach of the manager in the near future.

Next Friday will see three field events on the card: the hammer throw, at 2 o'clock, the discus at 2:30 and the javeling at 3 Saturday finds twelve other events listed: the high hurdles. 100-yard dash, mile run 440, low hurdles (120 yards), 220, SSO, two mile run, pele vault, high jump, shot put (16 pounds). and broad jump, Saturday's time schedule will be printed in the next week's SERVICE NEWS.