SCUTTLEBUTT

Flotsam and Jetsam of Company E

By S.o M.R. Parnell

It seems that Company E is bound and determined to follow the footsteps of its predecessor companies in getting themselves supplied with dates for the Regimental Dance on the twenty-sixth at the Copley Plaza, because the hue and cry of the first few days, "Say, where can I get myself a date?" has been changed to, "I've gotta date and she has a friend that wants to go ..." What! You haven't got yours? Well, see any E man for particulars.

* * *

Platoon Leader of No: 8 has inaugurated a new order to relieve the strain of doing two things at the same time by the recruits--that of shifting notebooks while attempting to salute at colors. He just orders. "Change books, Hep!" Everything works out fine in the report.

* * *

The Company Commander, Chester Travelstead, has had his hands full in the past few days trying to arrange the Easter Watch to everybody's satisfaction. "In order to satisfy all," he said. "I'll have to stand them all myself!" ... the less said by Company E about New England weather the better.