Ward Room Topics

Navy Supply Corps School

By Stan Cole

When Verle Clark came East he left his wife, Vivian, safely behind teaching school in Utah. After six months of single bliss, Verle could stand it no longer. The teaching contract was broken and Vivian arrived last weekend. Saturday morning the Doc confined Verle to bed and the weekend toward which he had been looking for several months seemed doomed. All turned out happily, however, when at the last minute the Doctor relented.

J. R. Clark of Harvard crew fame decided last week to recapture a bit of his youth so he donned his rowing clothes and pushed out upon the stormy Charles. In midstream the shell capsized and John finished his row with a brisk swim.

What began as an innocent flirtation back in college culminated Saturday afternoon in a wedding. Nancy Berdine Gordon, fresh from Pittsburgh, became the blushing bride of blushing Tom Campbell who hails from Virginia.

C. E. Nickles entertained a young lady visitor from Chicago this past weekend. Nothing serious, says Nick, she just wanted a look at old Boston.

The lad from Philadelphia, Frank X. Daily, has shown more than his usual concern over the coming and going of the mail man. Could it be that Frank is looking for a letter from Mr. Joy? It is well known that Frank takes regular trips to Philly to court one Gloria Joy. Rumor has it that Frank, being a proper, if a bit old fashioned lad, has written Papa Joy for permission to wed Gloria.

Have you heard the latest about Ed Freeman? It seems he met a gal named Norma last Saturday evening and can't get over it.

Mowry Calming Down

Ye Olde Professor, Mowry by name, is quieting down considerably as the Month of May approaches. He's not on top the desks more than once a day of late. Maybe it's because Mrs. Mowry will soon be with us.

The Seniors extend greetings and wishes for a happy cruise to the new Junior class.