THE NAVY SUPPLY CORPS SCHOOL

By M. J. Bratton

For senior's there is only one topic of discussion, and will be only one from now until the billets are announced. The standard greeting to a friend is: "What did you put in for?" There is a great deal of argument as to the value of first and second choices. Many officers took the attitude that they should state as their first choice exactly what they wanted even though, in some cases, they felt that they might not get it. Others took the very practical attitude of asking for what they thought they were going o get. It is wonderful to note the good repute into which "C-B" billets have come. When we first arrived at the School, opinion on "C-B's" was not high, but it has steadily climbed and many officers feel that it is the most preferable type of duty.

It would take a bulldozer to get through the scuttlebutt which has sprung up regarding billets. One story has it that the billets are already here--or at least the billet list--and that it is the finest group of billets ever offered to the School, also that sea and foreign shore billets comprise over 90% of the lot. The only way those rumors will ever be proved or disproved is to wait until the billet assignments are announced; and it is obvious that this announcement cannot come for several (are there enough left to add up to several?) weeks.

The Glee Club is back in motion again. The first meeting was not altogether reassuring as far as attendance was concerned but perhaps the quality of the men present will make up for the lack of quantity. The group did seem determined to get the Club organized and keep it running on a business-like basis. Lieutenant Hill made a number of good suggestions regarding future programs and rehearsals. It seems assured that the Club will be given radio time if a program can be arranged. There were not anywhere near as many juniors present as were expected and it is hoped that more juniors will turn out at subsequent meetings. A policy of regular meetings on Tuesday and Thursday at 1830 was adopted and will prevail unless otherwise stated.