Plan To Unify Social Set-Up

Council Takes Steps For V-12, Civilians

With the appointment of a committee to consult with navy officers and University officials plans ere begun for the establishment of a program that would integrate the social activities of the College and the V-12 unit, at last week's meeting of the Student Council.

Selected to serve on the committee were Blaise Alfano '46, Dean M. Hennessy '45, Robert S. Landau '45, and Andrew W. Welch, Jr. '44.

At the same meeting many decisions were revealed in regard to the new Freshmen. Most of the recommendations for the '47 class committee have been received from tutors and advisors and this group will soon be formed on the basis of these recommendations and the candidates' past records in secondary school organizations.

This Committee will handle social events for '47, while the Phillips Brooks House Freshman Committee will carry on as in the past.

It was also announced that a Freshman Red Book is being planned for the class of '47 and the annual competition for all boards will begin in the very near future.

Robert Hart '46 was appointed as a committee of one to revise the Council Constitution in order to bring it up to date. The meeting was completed with a discussion of the Service Fund Drive, which starts this week, and means of making the student body more aware of the Council's activities.