NSCS Midshipmen

Juniors

By J. D. Wilson

Class E, erstwhile champion of the Junior softball league, has dropped two games in the last few days--one to the midshipmen and one to Class K. Everytime the question of umpire's decisions seems to come up it would eventually lead us to the conclusion that either side could win any game if the umpires only saw things as they are supposed to see them.

All griping aside, the E team has held together remarkably well for several weeks and has played a consistently high brand of ball. But no team, be it in the National, American, or Supply School league can remain forever on top. "Easy" has had its day, and it was a rather exciting day at that.

Faculty Meet Missing

The one regret of the season seems to have been the inability of the E boys to meet the faculty. Class K, however, has taken turns in eliminating first faculty and now class E. Perhaps a post-season and strictly unofficial game between E and the faculty could be arranged. Needless to say the E gang is not anywhere near anxious for this meeting as they were a few weeks back, but we still believe that both sides would have a lot of fun.

Sometimes when you stop to consider the potentialities of the disturbing final, with all those nasty little obscure points which could be so nicely included, and which may be, for all you can tell, the subject of humor seems a bit strained. Yet, funny incidents happen here all the time. For instance, we understand that quite a few of the people around here named Smith had a little laundry problem.

Right Pen . . ."

It seems that all the Smith laundry was taken care of, but the individual articles were not in every case returned to their particular Smith owners, and the charges were not equitably distributed. When last heard from Messrs. Smith, etc. were not only trying to get back their own gear but to get laundry bills adjusted.