PEPPER SPEAKS HERE TONIGHT

Senator Claude Pepper, (D. Fia.), one of President Roosevelt's staunchest supporters in the upper house, will speak at an open meeting sponsored by the Harvard and Radcliffe Councils on Post-War Problems tonight.

The meeting, scheduled for 8:15 o'clock in Emerson D, will have Senator Pepper as its only speaker, and will be preceded by a dinner in his honor at the Faculty Club, American Defense, Harvard Group, will sponsor the affair, at 6:30 o'clock.

An Internationalist

Pepper, long a New Deal spokesman, is also noted for the pronounced internationalism of his political views. He led the Senatorial fight for the passage of the Lend-Lease and Selective Service acts and was an ardent, interventionist before Pearl Harbor.

The 42-year-old Senator received his L.L.B. degree from Harvard Law School in 1924 after graduating from the University of Alabama. After practicing law in his home state, he served in the Florida legislature and on several state boards before wining a Senatorial sea in 1936. He was re-elected for a second term in 1939. The subject of Sen. Pepper's talk has not yet been announced.