ASOTELLITES

I see by the papers

That the Navy's cutting capers

About the Charles at Even'tides;

Civilians in dire frustration,

Queried in ejaculation

If Navy should caress their brides?

Might I add a word in favor

Of our brethern in the Navy--

and tell them that they shouldn't mind--

After all, some civilians, pal.

Have very low morale

They don't know that love is blind !!!

* * *

For those of us who don't know why the above poem belongs in Asotellites: The latest ban on bringing the Navy wife on the banks of the Charles may very well effect us.

It seems that several of New England's frustrated civilians did not enjoy seeing Navy men walk hand in hand with their wives and/or girl friends--or perhaps reposing in the moonlight, as relaxation after studying all day.

Frankly, this reporter grieves with Navy, who well may float their ship of disgusted on the waves of civilian complaints. Our mistified Bostonians evidently do not realize that the time for being with feminine companions is indeed briefly spare. Time, at Harvard is rationed like meat at the corner butcher shop.

if this little note should reach John Q. Boston, may he realize that the navy (and the army) enjoys the graceful presence of femininity whenever that attendance becomes a reality.

The brief interlude between studies that affords us such enjoyment should not be begrudged by you who forget that we, but for the grace of God, might be you!!

* * *

But back to ASOTS! The "Amphibian" detail at the Harvard tank every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, are pooling their efforts with good results. They swim like fish now--mostly below water.

Things of perplexing nature . . . . why do our erudite instructors limit us to wordage and or time in our reports of exams--yet request us to read in one night more material than appears in a Sunday edition of the New York Times!

Why are officers invited to a "Gremlin Dance," when "Gremlins" are supposed to be destructive figments of an imagination? Or do the girls of the North-East airlines wish the ASOTS to Gerlinice them Saturday night?: If the latter is so...contact!!!

Tsk, tsk, such confusion and 64 more days to go!!