V-12ers ENTER INTO HOUSE CURRICULUM

New-Sports Schedule Includes Navy Units

Kirkland and Eliot will virtually rejoin the House system in the near future, as plans are completed for the election of V-12 House Committees and participation in all phases of extra-curricular College life. The Navy-trainees, as well as the AST men, already play in the intramural softball league.

In the near future, the Student Council will hold elections for the two Committees, with the already-chosen officers of the Naval Society representing the Naval ROTC on the Kirkland body.

Hodnett Encourages Program

Lieutenant Edward Hodnett, USNR, officer-in-charge of the V-12 Unit, in announcing the new program, said that the Committees would have as much leeway as Naval Regulations permit, and that he was anxious for V-12 men to participate in College activities as much as possible.

With a jam session last Sunday by several members of the late Gold Coast Band as a starter, the V-12 men can expect some sort of entertainment almost every weekend, with House dances coming in the future.

At the same time, it was announced that the Student Council Service Fund Drive, which is in its last stages in the civilian Houses, will be extended to the Navy Houses next week.