DOPE

(Navy Supply Corps Midshipmen-Officers School)

By Wheaton LA Flange and Murgatroyd Laverne

Tomorrow morning's review will be at 1110 with class schedules revised rather than replaced as hoped. Reviewing officers will be both military and academic with Captain McIntosh, Commander Collins and Lieutenant Anderson constituting the former and Assistant Deans John Baker and Cecil Fraiser the latter. Dean Baker will represent President Conant while Dean Fraiser is to represent Dean David of the Business School.

Guests are not only welcome but encouraged to witness the spectacle. Best vantage point will be from in front of the Student's Club.

As announced, uniforms for the occasion will be dress blues and overseas caps with appropriate devices. Midshipmen-Officers are cautioned to see that uniforms are in order.

Members of the Midshipman-Officer group will not be eligible for assignment to the new Harvard Industrial Accounting Course first to be offered in October or November of this year.

By tomorrow, officers wishing special assignments during the late September leave must apply stating their specific choice of billets. Officers wishing alternative billets in case their first choice is not available must so indicate. Duties at the assigned billet will be rather general with emphasis on observation.

The rumored per diem expense account is rumor. Actually, an eight-cent per mile travel allowance will be paid to the billets specifically listed. It is possible however, to obtain letters of introduction to other Naval Activities if so desired, but definite assignments and remuneration for travel will not forthcome.

Assignees will be selected on the basis of academic standing and aptitude from those applying.

Upon the completion of the duty, officers will be expected to submit reports which will be distributed to the entire group for study.

Mission to Wellesly

Commander Collins will assume duties at Wellesley probably in mid-September as the Officer-in-Charge of the new Naval Supply Corps School Annex to be located there. His successor as Officer-in-charge of the Midshipman-Officers school still remains unnamed.