ASOTELLITES

By Norman S. Gilbert

Whereas, I've read a "distinct" report,

And found it never lacking,

To hold within it, the full purport

Of what is not "sad sacking"!!

It was wonderful to see the say

Of a well-established man;--

And now I've resorted to nightly pray

To get "distinct"--if I only can!!!

We, who believed that Thompson-Whittier A,B,C, and D had fallen by the wayside, after we had given Mr. McNeill lists upon lists of all their reports, found ourselves face to face with the real thing on our last field trip. At that time, we discovered that the Hood Rubber Company is the origin of our last statistical headache--and they really use all those reports.

The writer attempted to locate "Mr. Jackson" or "Mr. Lake"; the attempt was to inform these report-conscious reprobates that there is a war on and that paper should be conserved. There was no "Jackson" nor "Lake"; but it's just as well there wasn't, for we, who believed that so many reports, memorandums et. al. were unnecessary, are wrong. Every one of the reports shown in T.W. has a place in the procedures of the Hood Company.

Something to wonder about--how does it happen that the 1st Platoon, Co. A, always reaps a reward on their field trips: this time it was photographs, clips, elastic bands, ice cream, soda and the like ... all from Dennison Company??? Yet, we of the 2nd Platoon would have looked a trifle silly marching away from Hood with an inflated life raft.

Lt. Al Steeg, of Sources of Supply "distinction" fame, is ill at Fort Banks station hospital with a "strep" infection. Here's to you, Al--get well soon and give the bug a "distinctive" beating.

'Nuff said, Army Supply Officers; but let's boost the School average by next report time ... you can never be marked "unsat" for trying.