Navy V-6 Plan Offers Radar, Radio Training

Stressing the navy's need for men trained in the use of radar, the Navy Recruiting Station in Boston has issued an appeal for enlistments in the Navy V-6 Radio Technician Program, a ten months course in advanced electronics first announced last May.

Men 17 or over, including Selective Service preinductees, with a knowledge of mathematics and physics and a slight knowledge of radio and electricity, are eligible to take an examination at the Navy Rerouting Station. Men under draft age or those waiting for induction, will be assured of being assigned to naval service if they complete the test successfully.

Rated Seaman First

Upon induction, men qualified for the program will be assigned to Navy Radio School as Seaman, First Class, with opportunities for advancement in rating shortly after graduation.

Navy physical examinations will be given, but walvers for eyes below standard requirements may be obtained. Information concerning the program may be gained from the Boston Navy Recruiting Station in the Federal Building, or at the War Service Information Office in 11 Little Hall.