COMBINED NROTC TEAMS SET PACE AS INTRAMURAL BASKETBALL STARTS

McGrath and Spanos Loop's High Scorers

Four days of play in the Intramural basketball league find the two NROTC teams leading the circuit, with two wins and no losses each. Averaging close to 35 points per game, the combination clubs from Companies F & G and H & I have swamped all opposition thus far.

J.T. McGrath's 26 points for the H-I outfit has made him the loop's high scorer. His accurate shooting was an important factor in yesterday's 28 to 12 defeat of Adams, as well as last Thursday's 35 to 17 whipping which was handed to Company C of the V-12.

F & G Tops Standish

The team from F & G had trouble with Standish last Friday, but edged out the new Freshmen, 31 to 28. The 31 to 12 victory over Company B last Thursday was much easier, thanks to the sharp-shooting of D.L. Schacht, who netted 19 points in the two games.

The only other club which has shown strength has been Standish, which, owing to its 58 to 13 rout of Company B, resides in third place with a record of one and one. H.V. Spanos' 22 markers have sparked the new Freshmen, who are tied with Adams and Company D.

Adams Wins Opener

A 23 to 13 upset of Company D got the Gold Coasters off to a good start last Wednesday. Adams is now a half game ahead of its rival, Lowell, which dropped the second game of yesterday's double-header to Company D, 36 to 27.

Standish will get a chance to show its strength in today's 2 o'clock encounter with Company C, while Adams and Company B will clash an hour later.

Company B will play again on Wednesday, when it is slated to meet Lowell, while Companies A and C will also clash tomorrow. The two league leaders will swing into action on Thursday, the H-I club meeting Lowell, and the F-G outfit tackling Company A. Neither of the pace-setters is expected to have trouble, as both opponents have gone without victory thus far. The standings: Team  Won  Lost Companies F-G  2  0 Companies H-I  2  0 Standish  1  1 Adams  1  1 Company D  1  1 Lowell  0  1 Company A  0  1 Company B  0  2