Annual Red Cross Drive Starts This Week in University After Being Held Up By Vacation

Charity Seeks More Support Because of War Emergency

The 1944 Red Cross drive begins this week at Harvard when the various war service chairmen of the different Houses begin strewing their posters liberally throughout the College.

Each student who has contributed to the Student Council Fund has already contributed through them to the Red Cross, but it is felt that due to the service that this organization is now rendering our armed forces that many students would wish to contribute separately to this charity.

Already the organization has collected five million pints of blood, established and maintained 350 overseas clubs for servicemen, and recruited 50,000 nurses in addition to their other duties such as producing surgical dressings and aiding servicemen in prison camps.

Donations may be made to your war service representative or sent direct to the Red Cross, which now occupies parts of four different buildings in and around Harvard Square, or, if it is more convenient, donations may be made to the Student Council earmarked for this organization.