H. D. C. AND IDLERS WILL PRESENT IRISH COMEDY

Joint Production Is Scheduled For May

The Harvard Dramatic Club announced last night that casting had been completed and a director secured for "The Playboy of the Western World." The Irish comedy, which will be produced jointly with the Radcliffe dramatic society, the Idler, is booked for May 11, 12, and 13 at Brattle Hall in the Square.

The title role goes to Theodore Allegretti V-12. He plays the part of a frightened young man who becomes the local Sinatra by claiming to have killed his father. Opposite him, playing the feminine lead of Pegeen Mike, is the Idler president, Leslie Paul, who finds herself overcome by his lethal charms. Out of luck, is Shawn Keogh, played by Ingersoll Cunningham V-12, a timid suitor, sever quite ready to take the big plunge.

The role of the Widow Quinn, who also has designs on the Playboy, will be handled by Lynn Baker, Radcliffe '46. Jack Lemmon V-12, of Eliot House and Boston, an old vaudevillian, returns to the show business as Old Mahon, the Playboy's father. Other Harvard students in the cast are William Dubey, secretary of the Dramatic Club, and James Hamilton, both V-12ers, and William Jones '46, of Lowell House.

The show will be directed by Mrs. Mark deWolfe Howe, who was formerly a member of the Abbey Theatre of Dublin, which first produced "Playboy." She is closely acquainted with the play, having at one time or another played most of the female roles.