Baseball Team Tops Camp Thomas By 5-4

B Squad Wins Over Cambridge Red Sox

Bounding back from the twin defeat suffered a week ago, the Crimson baseball teams registered a double win on Saturday. The Varsity topped Camp Thomas, 5-4, while the B team beat the Cambridge Red Sox, 6-2.

Behind the strong pitching of Jack Wallace, who allowed the visitors only five scattered hits, the Varsity nine scored their first triumph of the season. Camp Thomas's Blydell was hit for eight hits and five runs.

Scoring all their runs in the first two innings, the Crimson protected their lead to the end. Wallace struck out nine men and was extremely effective when it really counted. After pushing over two runs in the bottom half of the first inning, the best the Camp Thomas men could do was chalk up single tallies in the fifth and eighth.

A fracas ensued when outfielder Boston slid hard into second base on what might have been an easy double play. Boston came up swinging and took several punches at the second baseman. The Camp Thomas team then joined in the fight and a general free-for-all resulted.

In the B game, Greely held the Cambridge Red Sox in check while the Jayvee sluggers batted in six runs. Greeley gave up only six hits and struck out nine men. Francke's home run was the high point of the game and the only four bagger of the afternoon.