Lacrosse Men Defeat Tufts in Return Game

Squad Avenges 10-1 Beating By Trouncing Medfordmen

If revenge is sweet, the Crimson Varsity lacrosse team had a sweet time last Saturday when they outfoxed a Tufts squad 7 to 5, in the most closely contested game this season.

The Harvard stickman had not forgotten the 10 to 1 defeat they suffered earlier in the season when they were in the verdant stage. They did not hesitate to grab off three goals inside the first tour minutes on scores by Newt Peabody, Tom Ray, and John Rogers. The visitors were able to penetrate the Harvard defense for one tally before the first quarter was up. Tufts' number one attackman, Tate, was bottled up early in the game and beautiful stops by goalie Cunningham prevented him from scoring.

Matching scores in the second period, the Jumbos' attackman, Dance, equalled Rogers' and Rays' 20 foot shots. Tufts played a defensive game most of that period but when they did get over the midfield line the large defense stick of Captain Ed Davis intercepted more than one of their passes.

The last half was highlighted by defenseman Paul Garrity's full field run and score on a nine-foot pivot shot and good defensive play by midfielders Ted Parran and Tom Wilson. Tufts tried a last period drive but Tom Ray kept even with them by hitting the bonus nets for his third rally of the afternoon.

Showing they had good control of the ball, Harvard's Bud Lane and Ray Keenan were able to heard the dividend ball for the last five minutes.

Saturday's climax contest followed games played the week before with the Boston Lacrosse Club and Governor Dummer Academy. The Lacrosse Clubbers edged out the Johnnies 7 to 6, but the Harvard ten took Dummer in their stride by a 10 to 5 count