Quonset Nine Faces Stahlmen Tomorrow

Capaccio May Break Into Outfield Lineup

Coach Floyd Stahl's Crimson baseball nine faces a highly-touted Quonset Naval Air Station aggregation tomorrow afternoon at 3 o'clock at Quonset Point, R. I., in its second tilt of the summer season, and its second encounter of 1944 with Lt. Pete Appleton's team.

The Stahlmen met Quonset last spring in the year's opener and held the lead until the ninth inning when the bellbottom boys came from behind to snag a 4 to 2 victory. "Those sailors had the best-looking lineup we played against all spring," Coach Stahl remarked yesterday, and their 12-6 defeat of Yale this Wednesday shows that they are still dangerous competition.

Appleton, Quonset manager, was hurling mainstay for the Washington Senators until he enlisted in the Navy three years ago. He pitches for Quonset now in addition to managing and will probably start tomorrow.

Capaccio May Play

The Harvard lineup for tomorrow's game will be the same as in last week's Brown fracas, with the possible insertion of Bob Capaccio, Freshman outfielder for the B team, who has been doing exceptional hitting in practice games this week and who will travel with the Varsity.

"Crash" Davis' B nine will play tomorrow afternoon also, at Tufts, the game starting at 3:30 o'clock. Dunn, shortstop on Davis squad, hit a homer in Wednesday's practice game and is making a strong bid for a berth in the Varsity infield.

The Stahlmen meet Bowdoin next Friday, July 28, in a re-scheduling of the game erroneously set for today by Bowdoin, and Tufts here next Saturday, July 29.