NTS Communications Graduates 414 Here

Incoming Navy Class To Arrive Thursday

Four hundred fourteen officers, including five from the Coast-Guard, graduated Friday morning from the Naval Training School (Communication). The majority of the men will leave immediately for active service with the fleet.

The office of Comdr. M.E. Paradise, USNR, officer in charge of the school, announced yesterday that approximately 300 trainees would arrive Thursday to take the place of the outgoing unit, and would remain for periods of three and four months. The arrival of the new men will bring the Communications enrollment to 1053.

Paradlse Officiates

Heading the official party attending the exercises was Comdr. Paradise, who addressed the graduates. All members of the Communications School faculty not engaged in teaching were present at the ceremony, which started at 0915 in Sanders Theatre.

With Commander Paradise were Lt. Comdr. C. F. Brengartner, director of the academic department, Lt. Comdr. E. W. Sweetland, executive officer of the school, Lt. P. E. Bottee, director of the military department, and Lt. S. B. Lashman, assistant director of the academic department.

Established in 1942, Harvard's Communications School trains line officers of the Naval Reserve for special assignments, including work on beard ships, at centers in the United States, and at advanced bases.