FIVE OPPOSES TUFTS SLIGHTLY FAVORED

But Cochoran invades with Powerful Deceptive Offense

Coach Floyd Stahl's Varsity quintet will attempt to stretch its winning streak to four games this evening when it tangles with Dick Cochoran's squad from Tufts. A preliminary Jayvee contest will precede the Varsity clash, which will begin at the usual time of 8:45 o'clock.

On the basis of Saturday's slaughter of Brown, and comparative scores against Tech--whom the Jumbos beat 54 to 46--the Crimson will probably enter the game a slight favorite. Though victorious in two of three games this season, the Jumbos have given no indication that they are on a par with the 1945 Crimson powerhouse.

But the fans are not selling Tufts short in this local battle. Crimson rooters well remember the Tufts' captain, Bob Skarda, who led them to a 57 to 47 win last year. In his first three games, he has been putting them in for an average of 15 points.

In addition to Skarda, Cochoran brings with him the Bobs Burgbacher and Cooney, also of last year's squad, and Walt MacCurdey, formerly of St. John's, and Phil Barnhart, who starred for a good Bates College team last fall.