Undefeated Standish Five Leads Intramural Tourney

Freshmen Down F-G For Fifth Win, 28-23

Picking up another half-game on Company C as a result of victories yesterday and Friday, the Standish Freshmen have put themselves in front of the Intramural league with a perfect record in five games.

The combined F-G club from the NROTC was yesterday's victim, succumbing to a 28 to 23 licking, while Baker led Standish in Friday's 31 to 29 conquest of Lowell. The Bellboy outfit, runner-up in the first tournament, has failed to win in two starts, and now resides in the league's cellar.

Company C Undefeated

Company C topped Lowell yesterday, 20 to 15, and with three victories, boasts a modest winning streak of its own. Donahoe of the Bellboys took scoring honors in the defensive battle with eight markers.

Yesterday's high scorer, however, was Whiting of Company D, whose 16 points defeat of A-B, 26 to 19. In the fourth contest of the afternoon, the H-I squad of the NROTC handed Adams its third setback, 33 to 28. McGrath of the Navy, Team  Won  Lost Standish  5  0 Company C  3  0 Company D  2  2 Companies F-G  2  2 Companies H-I  2  4 Companies A-B  1  3 Adams  1  3 Lowell  0  2

and Livermore of the civilians each garnered 12 points.

Companies H-I took two beatings as last week closed, bowing to A-B, 25 to 18, and to F-G, 34 to 22. Company D, recovering from its early slump, upset the F-G club by 31 to 17.

Lowell and Adams will both try to get back on victory road today when they meet Companies A-B and D, respectively. The scheduled Standish-Company C contest had been postponed until Saturday, when this decisive encounter between the two league leaders will bring to an end the second intramural basketball season