*The Lucky Bag*

DOUBLE TALK

By The PEARSON Twins

Of course the first thing that you will notice in reading this well-worn column is that Willie Cousins is absent. Such are the fortunes of war and the penalties of living off-station. It looks as though I'll have to take the blame all by myself and suffer Unsat's alone. I'm going to miss Bill getting "hot" copy, rewriting and generally helping to make everybody's private life public.

Although by now this seems to be getting trite, we Seniors welcome the newwest addition to the Mid.-Off. unit, the

Another welcome is in order. It is given to that new Destroyer, the Barbara Elaine Beckham. Congratulations, Daddy and Mrs. Bockham. Such a blessed event only proves to us that even D.O.'s are human.

Plans are rapidly being whipped into shape for a dance to be held in the early part of December under the joint sponsorship of Junior and Senior classes. Mid-shipmen will be our guests for the evening. With the funds built up in the Class Treasuries the cost of such a time should not be too great.

The Dance Committee is at present busily engaged in selecting a suitable site for the shindig. An announcement as to the location finally chosen should appear here next week. As an extra added attraction the Messrs. Cross and Brunner will present one of their inimitable stage shows at intermission. Because the Danec is still in a sub-fetal stage complete details will not be available until a later date. Until then, look around and try to find some girl who will go with you.

The biggest news around here--that is, besides Boegie Campbell's new girl friend--is the Drexler nuptials, to be held at 4 o'clock tomorrow. Alack and alas, big Fred is going to leave the happy ranks of us bachelors and descend into the arena of marital strife. No more staying out nights; no more staying after 1600; no more money. But I suppose there must be compensations. Anyway, all are invited to the ceremony which is being held at the Chapel in Hahvud Yaad. Bill Cousins is going to be best man and is selling tickets good for one bride's kiss. Colonel Cornelius will be there throwing the rice. Rollie Dykes will be there throwing the old shoes. And--of course--sundry others will be there throwing the bull