Track Opener at M.I.T. Tomorrow

Clark, Harwood, Jenkins To Lead Untested Crimson

Jaako Mikkola, Crimson track coach, will take 18 men to M.I.T. tomorrow for a belated curtain-raiser to the spring season in a dual meet which will start at 2:30 o'clock.

Original Crimson opener was to have been last Saturday against Andover, but this meet has been shifted to a later date in May. As a result, Mikkola will be opening against a considerably more powerful team, reportedly one of the most dangerous in the East, and certainly the nearest thing to peacetime track material in these parts.

The Engineers have the nation's top mile relay quartet and a flock of distance men and sprinters who give the squad plenty of depth and balance. Mikkola will counter with Pete Harwood, Bob Clark, and Bill Jenkins.

Here's how the Crimson will line up tomorrow afternoon in the various events:

100--N. L. Brown, R. T. Clark, and H. R. Fritts; 220--N. L. Brown, R. T. Clark, and H. R. Fritts; 440--W. S. Ellis and F. S. Steinbaur; 880--H. O. de Fries, V. C. Moriarty and P. G. Robbins; Mile--A. S. Corrigan, W. F. Keller, V. C. Moriarty and P. G. Robbins; low hurdles--J. G. Hunter and M. C. Jenkins; high hurdles--J. G. Hunter and M. C. Jenkins; high jump--R. W. Haward, M. C. Jenkins and W. A. Withington; discus--P. N. Sawyer; pole-vault--P. G. Harwood; Javelin--E. B. Feder and R. E. Rochelle.