The Lucky Bag

By The PEARSON Twins

With heavy banks of fog rolling in at Hampton Beach and a driving rain damping things down along the Common, many of the Chase gang were at their wits end. But not for long. Very soon after inspection-too soon in the case of certain skivvy clad members encountered by Lt. Town on his rounds, chase went on the chase in force.

At two USO's in downtown Boston, Bob Hart and Steve Hebdon found the service very poor at the date bureau. They finally left with two WAC officers who apparently were also disappointed with the service.

The Boston Police Force was needed to retrieve Harold Holbrook's hat from a keepsake-collecting girl in outer Boston. It seems she had passed it on to a sailor friend who had consequently broken off relations. With a frantic appeal to justice and some maneuvering, the police extracted the hat and the incident was kept out of the papers.

Jack Cornwall led a group to Hampton where the low flying clouds were so dense that even the fair indigenes remained hidden. Bunking up three to a single at a local hostel, they returned at eleven hundred on the "L" muttering things about Boston hospitality.

Naybor (the looie) Cargin and Herbert Coggins with dates located the only dry bench in the Common Saturday night but found it just too crowded for four.

But all this could have easily been avoided. On the second floor of the Student Club behind the shelves of books marked "travel" is the office of Mrs Inglis, Sympathetic of the midshipman's lot and eager to help him, Mrs. Inglis is the steering committee for things Bostonian. Anything from a Pope concert in season to a quiet game of bridge can be arranged upon notice. If, in the future, you have trouble understanding Boston customs or folklore, make her your haven.

Lately phone calls to certain junior officers with excellent taste have provided a very convenient contact for midshipmen who hold the line, while the correct party in leisurely hunted down. Reports are that acquaintances made thereby have proved more satisfactory to both parties.

Groups of patriotic young ladies were clustered about the stairs at the Statler Army-Navy Officers' affair. Herbie Gold, among others from chase, found it necessary to decline offers from these ladies to share the buck forty-eight expenditure for an evening of dance and laughter. Knowing these fellows would only lead to one conclusion; Fargo and the Coop have been very successful once more.

There are a lot of extraneous elements creeping into the day's curriculum. Along with statistics classes taught to martial airs, we now have the zesty wit of Bob Wing probing to the depth of the case at hand. So far only in Company one has such individual initiative been displayed. From a general sizing up of war time responsibilities to putting hens on production schedules, Bob is sure to know and express the answer with deftness.

Others spending a few dry days in the infirmary across the river are Bill Cousins and Ken (P.M.) Mills, Kirkland Infirmary, for your guidance, is the second building on the right which you come to just after crossing the bridge going up to Harvard Square and the Rathskeller.