Crimson Buys Unsold Spring Jubilee Tickets

On Sale Monday at 14 Plympton Street

"The Harvard CRIMSON, publishers of the Harvard Service News, have bought all unsold tickets to the '48 Jubilee," Arthur C. McGill '48, chairman of the Jubilee Committee, announced late last night.

"With the funds guaranteed and the selling of tickets off its hands, the Jubilee Committee can bend its efforts toward the perfection of its plans for music and dancing, refreshments, and decoration," McGill continued. "We are grateful to the CRIMSON and the editors of the Service News for their public spirited action in relieving the Committee of this task and allowing it to devote undivided attention to making this year's Jubilee the best."

Tickets at Crimson Building

In order to complete arrangements, ticket sales will be suspended over the weekend except for V-12 and NROTC tonight. General sales will reopen on Monday and tickets will be available from 10 to 5 o'clock at the CRIMSON Building, 14 Plympton Street. The price of the tickets will be increased only in the amount of a fifty cent War Savings Stamp. As before the sales will be limited to three hundred couples.

Simultaneously with McGill's announcement, the editors of the Harvard Service News released the following statement:

"The current procedure involves a multiple system of control. It falls short of the demands of the consumer. It marks out a rough limit of tolerance, and it reveals, at least for the time, the temper of the personnel charged with administration. This raises an issue, opens or reopens a file, leads to a preview of complaints, revives a controversy of the past, invites an independent investigation.

"But no personnel is available for a comprehensive check upon the pattern outlined by the Committee. Advance approval upon a new and untried plan presents great difficulties. Its operation cannot be anticipated. The public interest requires careful observation of its consequences as it swings into action.

"In lending sanction to this experiment, the Committee necessarily surrenders its freedom of action. In name it may be at liberty to take such action as later circumstance demands. But good faith has its compulsions, and the presumption runs strongly to success."