TRACK SQUAD TIES ANDOVER RUNNERS

Jenkins, Robbins Elected Co-captains of Mikkolamen

Following its defeat at the hands of Tech in the spring season opener, Coach Jaakko Mikkola's track squad wound up in a tie Wednesday at Andover with each team rolling up a total of 49 1/2 points.

What would normally be a tremendous moral victory for the prep schoolers is far from it now for Andover boasts one of New England's top teams. After tying the Blues, who had previously downed M.I.T., the Mikkolamen stand a good chance of coming out on top in tomorrow's encounter with Exeter.

Although bested in the sprints and field events, the Crimson runners garnered most of the points in the longer runs and hurdles. Led by Bill Jenkins, Pete Robbins, and Jack Hunter, of whom Jenkins and Robbins were later elected co-captains, Harvard grabbed 33 of their points in the 440, 880, mile, and hurdles.

Jenkins topped the individual scorers by winning the 120 yard high hurdles, tying for first in the high jump, and taking second in the 220 low hurdles Hunter followed by just losing to Jenkins in the 120 low hurdles and beating him in the 220's.