ENROLLMENT TO FALL NEAR 510, SAYS KENNEDY

Total for College Civilians Drops to Low for Summer

Enrollment in the College will be at its lowest point of the war years this summer according to estimated figures released yesterday by Sargent Kennedy, assistant dean of the College in charge of records. Emphasizing that any number suggested would be subject to change because of the extremely unstable conditions which prevail in regard to the armed forces and other undeterminable factors, Kennedy predicted an enrollment of 510 civilian undergraduates for the short summer session.

This figure is in contrast to the approximately 750 civilians who registered in the College on June 30, 1944. At that time more than 420 of the total number were members of the first incoming installment of the Class of 1948, while only 350 new Freshmen are expected to enroll for the summer session in July of this year.

Fall Estimates

At the beginning of the fall term the civilian undergraduate population should be up almost to its 1944 level according to Kennedy's estimates, which average around 825, just slightly less than the 850 who came in on November 3, 1944.

At present the under graduate enrollment exclusive of the members of the Naval V-12 and ROTC units totals less than 740, which was the registration figure on March 6.