Wallace Blanks Brown 11-0 on Two Hits And Chalks up Sixth Victory of Schedule

Only Five Balls Pass Crimson Inner Guard

Bouncing back from a previous 6 to 5 defeat at the hands of Brown, the Crimson's Varsity nine displayed probably the lest combination of hitting and pitching of the season as it avenged its former less, 11 to 0.

As contrasted to the last game with the Bruins, played on a cold, rainy day that hampered Jack Wallace's pitching arm, Saturday's encounter at Providence showed what a right arm in top shape can do for a team.

However, even without Wallace's twirling, which allowed only two hits, and only five balls beyond the infield, Harvard would probably have won on the strength of its bats alone.

Nine hits, with seven walks and four errors combined to put on four run splurges in the third and fifth innings which, although followed by single tallies in the last three innings, battered the winner of the last game and put victory on ice.

Crimson Scores Effortlessly

The first scoring jamboree was accomplished without the benefit of much lusty slugging. A walk and two successive errors by the Bruin hurler had the third well started before Art Conlon's single to right, followed by a double steal, did the bulk of the scoring.

Jack Wallace's single to left with the bases loaded spearheaded the fifth inning, mopping up after Conlon, John Coppinger, and Mel Allen had loaded the sacks. The trio of runs punched across in the last three frames, scoring Allen, Ken Crumrine, and Arnie Closky, were all routine.

With their best record of the season to date, the Varsity nine nears the end of the spring competition with a standing of six wins and four losses. Tomorrow's encounter at Framingham with the military hospital there and saturday's finale against Tufts close the official schedule.

No facts have been released yet by the Harvard Athletic Association, but the summer schedule will feature two games against Holy Cross. The Crimson, having squelched every civilian team it has played so far, has only Tech and the Purple to contest its title as best civilian team in this area.