'46 Eleven to Face Purple, Blue, Green, and Orange

Brown, Rutgers, and Tufts Are Also Listed

Harvard's first year of full-time formal football since 1942 will mirror wartime adjustments within the eleven's traditional eight-game schedule. Athletic Director Bill Bingham's card for next fall, released today--with one date still open and pending--includes only four Ivy League opponents and adds one new and one long-removed team to the Crimson's docket.

Dartmouth at Dartmouth (I)

Yale, Princeton, Dartmouth, and Brown are on the 1946 schedule, but even these games have undergone alterations from prewar memories, The Dartmouth contest, moved out of its traditional early season spot to a position before the Brown and Yale encounters (which remain the last two games to the list), will be played at Hanover for the first time in the history of the series.

Hotel Rooms Gone

Indian authorities report that all hotel rooms in the New Hampshire hamlet are already reserved for the November 9 contest. Princeton, shifted up to the second spot on the schedule--October 12 is also an out of town game.

Holy Cross ad Rutgers are the surprise additions for 1946, with the two meetings following the pending date, October 19. The Crimson last met H. C. on the gridiron in 1935, when the policy of aloofness from Boston teams--including B.U. and BC.--began. Rutgers has never before appeared on a Harvard football card.

The schedule:

October 5--Tufts, 12--Princeton at Princeton, 19--pending, 20--Holy Cross; November 2--Rutgers, 9--Dartmouth at Dartmouth, 16--Brown, 23--Yale.

Daily Princeton Revives as Thrice-Weekly, Hits Snobs

"Founded in '76, Reborn in '48" is the motto that adorned the old Daily Princetonian banner when Nassau's undergraduate journalists changed the name of the wartime Bulletin January 5. Since September, when students began to expand the pint-sized news letter, the thrice-weekly sheet has amassed 57 progenitors, 17 of whom are executives.

While the "Prince's" business board submits a $5.00 subscription rate to its readers for the rest of the year, its first editorial proclaims a firm stand "for freedom from censorship of any sort" and an opposition to the "transformation . . . of good fellowship to snobbishness."