Upper Three Classes to Elect Four Seniors, Two Juniors to Vacant Council Posts Today

Voting in House and Union To Choose From List of 37 Names; First in Ten Months

Ballots for the first Student Council election since last January will be distributed at lunchtime today to fill four vacant Senior seats on the Council and two for Juniors.

Only men of Sophomore or higher academic standing will be allowed to vote, and each will have the privilege of casting votes for as many as four Seniors and two Juniors. In less confused times, nominees for the Council would be elected only by their own classmates.

The selections will be made from a list of 23 Seniors and 13 Juniors whose names along with brief biographical facts appeared in yesterday's CRIMSON and will appear on the back of today's ballot.

Results to Appear Tomorrow

Election of the four Seniors receiving the highest number of votes cast and of the two Juniors will be announced tomorrow morning. The newly-elected men will meet with the rest of the Council for the first time Monday evening.

The following name was omitted from the list of Student Council nominations in yesterday's CRIMSON: William S. Harrison '43, 24, Milton, Kirkland House, Government, Kirkland athletic secretary, Varsity football and baseball.

Twenty-one of the Senior nominees and eleven of the Juniors were proposed by a Council-appointed nominating committee in accordance with the present constitution, while the remaining four were nominated by petitions of 25 names each.

As Council President Levin H. Campbell, 3rd '48 explained two weeks ago, elections of new members as provided in the current rules was necessary in spite of "revisionist" criticism of the constitution in order to supply the group with sufficient manpower to carry out an ambitious program of activities and investigations.