Yardlings' Soccer Blanks Belmont As Varsity Team Points for Tigers

Scoring quickly in the first quarter, and adding three more goals as the game progressed, the Freshman soccer team shut out and decisively outplayed Belmont High School by the score of 4 to 0 yesterday afternoon on the Business School Field. Though a doubleheader was scheduled only one game was played because Belmont High did not bring its "B" team.

After scoring twice in the opening period, the Yardlings were stailed by the aggressive red and black from Belmont but the high school boys wilted in the second half, and the Crimson got one tally in both the third and fourth periods. Scoring honors for the day went to Franny Chen with two goals, and Bob Toppan and Fred Joseph with one each.

The starting lineup for the Freshman was: Chase, g.; MacKenty, r.f.; Scully, l.f.; Cunningham, r.h.; Bell, c.h.; Langmann, l.h.; Eaton, r.o.; Toppan, i.r.; Chen, c.f.; Gilbert, i.l.; Forster, o.l.

The Varsity squad went through a two hour practice scrimmage yesterday afternoon with Coach MacDonald once again stressing accurate passing. During the scrimmage Dave Ogden, first string center half twisted his knee, and it is doubtful that he will play the whole game at Princeton Saturday. On the bright side Al Merck, probably the best fullback on the squad, who was not available last Saturday will definitely start against the Tigers.