Skiers to Meet Tonight In Lowell, Will Train Under Coach, Halsey

Although New England weather is unpredictable until it arrives, the chances are that it will snow sometime this winter. With this thought in mind, a meeting has been scheduled at 7:30 tonight in the Lowell House Junior Common Room for all men interested in trying out for the Ski team.

After a period of training which will begin shortly, several teams will be formed to participate in various meets each weekend, including qualified men for the Olympic trials. Freshmen may compete on the Varsity this year by a ruling of the Intercollegiate Ski Union, but there will also be a Freshman team.

Old hands on the College squad consider themselves fortunate in having former coach Bill Halsey back again. The only regular coach in the past history of the team, Halsey is a Dartmouth '40 man, and was a four-event skier on the Big Green's "A" team, which is noted for its consistent good quality.

During his first term as coach, Halsey brought his Crimson forces from a shaky tenth to a solid fourth place in intercollegiate skiing.