Crimson Booters Lose to Indians, 3-0, at Hanover

A mud-spattered, well-battered Varsity soccer team dropped its second game of the season to a fast Dartmouth eleven by a score of 3 to 0 on Chase Field at Hanover last Saturday. The heavy rain which fell for most of the morning turned the field into something resembling a swamp with the results that players had a difficult time trying to run or handle the slippery, soggy ball.

The Indians scored once in the first and twice in the second period with John Merrian accounting for the first two talties on passes from his wings. Ed Bildner, the Green's center forward, got the third goal on a breakaway down the center.

In the second half, the Crimson team started working together and controlled the play, but although they were in position to score at least five times, they always bogged down in the last ten yards.

Freshmen Win, 2-0

Apparently the mud was more to the Crimson Freshman team's liking, for after a slow start in the first half, they came back strong in the last two periods and beat the Indian Freshman by the score of 2-0. This makes the sixth win against no defeats for the Yardlings.

Franny Chen got the first tally for the Crimson from a scrimmage in front of the goal at the beginning of the third period while Bill Gilbert got the last score in the fourth period. The game was highlighted by the spectacular saves and clearing of John Batchelder in the nets for the Freshmen.