EVENTS OF THE WEEK IN BOSTON

Theater Openings

Toplitzky of Notre Dame--A new musical concerning a female football player, at the Shubert Thursday.

Arms and the Man--Third Tributary Theater production of the season, with direction by and starring Eliot Duvey, playing at the Mutual Hall Friday and Saturday evenings.

Years Ago--A Ruth Gordon autobiographical comedy, featuring Frederic March and Florence Eldridge and with Garson Kanin directing, at the Copley Theater Saturday night.

Movie Openings

Cloak and Dagger--Gary Cooper's OSS drama, opening Thursday at the Paramount and Fenway.

The Killers--Hemingway's famous short story in lengthened form, coming to the RKO Boston Thursday.

It Happened at the Inn--The new French film, which opened last night at the Exeter.

Music

Original Ballet Russe--Sel Hurok's potpourri, straight from the Met, arrives at the Opera House tonight.

Boston Symphony--Concerts tomorrow night, Friday afternoon, and Saturday evening feature Handel's D minor Concerto Grosso, a Prokovieff ballet suite ("Chout"), and the Sibelius first symphony, Concertmaster Richard Burgin conducts this week.