Engineers Marshalled For Full Scale Battle Over Harvard Bridge

Slide-rules were still in battle array at M.I.T. last night, judicious telephone calls to the student newspaper. "The Tech" revealed. Come hell or high water --and they expect plenty of both to flow under the bridge before the issue dies down--the Engineers will fight to rename the Harvard Bridge after Technology even "if it takes all winter."

"We're in it too far to quit now," one newspaperman said with a note of desperation, "And now that we're in, we will fight to the bitter end--right down to the last test-tube in our possession.

That this attitude was by no means unanimous was indicated by another member of the University, who thinks that the Bridge is aptly named now. "It's shaky as hell," he said. "I think the Harvard Bridge is just the name for it."

An extraneous issue was added to the controversy yesterday morning, when the local Bow Street not-so-funnymen, always on the lookout for newspaper space, called the Boston Globe to say that "The Lampoon will agree to have the Bridge named after Technology, if Tech will dedicate its new wind tunnel to the Harvard CRIMSON."

Although the clamor on the subject has temporarily died down, "The Tech" asserted that it had by no means finished with the issue.